Apr 16, 2007

Life sucks...terribly

Last Thursday morning my aunt called to tell me that my uncle had a fatal traffic accident. I hung up, sit down for a minute. I told my wife what happened. She started crying while I was sitting there, paralyzed.

I began to call airlines to book a flight to where my uncle is going to be buried to no avail since they don't have any direct flights, and all the transfers are booked already.

I took the car and drove eight straight hours to down there. I usually get bored when I drive alone but this time I did not even understand how long I drove. It just passed quickly.

I reunited with my extended family members at whom I was angry and distant due to their insignificant attitude toward me and my wife. We all dropped those games and be together, grieved together for our loss.

My one-of-a-kind jerk father, on the other hand, came to the funeral as well with his dimwit mind. He is so dumb, unconsidered and insecure that he ignored me and pretended that he didn't see me when I was standing inches away from him. I am kinda glad to see that I made a very accurate move years ago when I decided not to see him anymore. He has been a very bad influence on me since the beginning. I have been always embarrassed by his inappropriate manner. Now that I stopped seeing him and his wife, I am content and, consequently, more mature than ever.

We all are shaken by my uncle's funeral. He was one of those individuals who, you think, are never going to die regardless of their way of life. He liked to drink, a lot. So we all have been expecting to see him go down because of his ugly addiction to the alcohol and smoke. Well, those two actually are the reason of his departure from this world. He was drunk driving and trying to take a turn with 130 km/80 miles per hour speed. He lost control of the car which first hit a rock sending it up in the air and turning the car upside-down at the same time, then the car hit the ground with its roof down. The roof top smashed my uncle and killed him instantaneously.

There all of our memories are smashed down too. Now, we are moving on without the funniest, craziest, a true free-sprit member of our family. RIP

No comments: