Dec 18, 2006

Monday walk

I just returned from my daily walk during which I listened to This American Life podcast. That is my new favorite podcast. In the beginning I did not like it at all, but gradually I began to like it a lot and I am now hooked pretty badly.

Job wise there is nothing new but that known endless, demoralizing waiting continues. I am keeping my emotions in check with these podcasts and readings etc. Otherwise it is extremely difficult to keep my sanity. I hope I will get one ın this new year. Right now companies do not seem to hiring people due to the arrival of the new year which offers nothing but full of uncertainties where I live.

Back to the podcast I just listened, titled Sink or Swim, the opening act was very interesting, the one with that interpreter who assumed that he could speak German. What an awkward situation. Oh man !!! I did that job for a week, I mean being an interpreter. What a tough job. I was exhausted after every session and had to study to teach myself all those unfamiliar jargons used during the presentations. I earned great deal of money yet I was done interpreting at the end. I remember couple of times I was so tired that my brain got frozen and I could not translate even a word. I just stood there with complete blank stares and hoped that my seizure did not last long.

To entertain myself, I bought Bill Hicks Sane Man and Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm. I like both of the men. However, I adore Bill Hicks more than any comics. What a loss at the very early age. I hope Sane Man is as good as Social Critic DVD.

No comments: