May 2, 2007

Killing time

Usually I go to a park to get fresh air and shed my stress by walking and listening to This American Life podcasts. However, in my recent visits, I noticed something curious and kinda disturbing fact.

Lately, I am the only 30 something guy in the park left walking around. All others are mostly retirees who are taking their grandchildren to the park. Before, I was seeing a few people in my age group thinking that they might me unemployed too. That fact actually was lighting me up a bit for the fact that I was not the only unemployed bum in the world. Now, seemingly I am the only bum in the world.

Where have those other bums gone?

Did they find a job and live happily ever after? Do they drive pass by the park and see me still walking there and point their fingers at me and ask themselves "hey, I remember this guy, what is he still doing here?", or, do they actually visit the park only after the work hours for old times' sake? Is this why I don't see them anymore?

The funny thing is that I probably will to go to the same park again today. What a consistent bum I am...

No comments: