Jan 9, 2007

New York

I spent some time with the online version of the New York Times and checked out the travel section plus the city section of the paper. Damn I love New York. I've been there three times only but since then I have been looking forward to going back there once more.

There is always something going on in NYC; even you miss one thing, there is something else around the corner waiting for you. I like the small coffee shops, bakeries, the subway, delivery guys on bikes, new yorkers with I-mind-my-own-business faces, central park, diners, street performers, museums, art galleries, bookstores, squares, brown buildings, even homeless guys are all beautiful.

Now I am looking for a job that may make it possible for us to go back to that city to live there for good. You know what, that potential keeps me going. I don't want to be a yuppie there. I want to live a minimalist life with New York in my company. I want to find my favorite spot and have my saturday breakfast along with a local newspaper. I want to go out and see one or two performances over weekends. During weekdays, I want to pass tourists on the street snapping pictures of the time square. I want to buy a cup of coffee and stroll around the union square and browse through handmade craft. I most definitely be a frequent at the comedy clubs there. I would like to know couple of the guys working at the clubs and know comedians. Oh I love stand-up comedy. That's the most fascinating, the most creative and genius art off al time. I am sure I would spend all my money on the comedy clubs there.

Do you see what I mean? I wish I had a chance to go back there and live there. That's what really moves me lately. I hope that I will find a decent job here that makes it easier to move back to NY and find a job there too. Do you think I am asking too much?

---

I went out to enjoy today's sunny but chilly weather. I took my iPod with me of course and listened to This American Life's the super theme. They talked about the superintends of buildings on the east side and the west and unearth very interesting stories. Lately, WGBH's Morning Stories are not long enough for me to satisfy my curiosity over what other people are up to.

No comments: