Jan 22, 2007

A surprise call

I got a surprise call from a housemate of mine with whom I lived together for years during my collage years. I met him through a mutual friend who was my dorm-mate and was looking for a third person to join in for renting a house. I jumped on the idea and we all moved into a house near campus.

Shortly after moving in, my old dorm-mate had a relation with the most capricious girl I have ever seen. So, basically I lived with the other guy and that guy called me today. As a matter of fact I stopped talking to him after witnessing his unbearable habit of turning everything into a competition, like having a date, getting good grates, and all sorts of stuff was subject to competition. I was sick of that race and kick myself out.

Well, the conversation was friendly. He complained a lot about his job. I talked little about myself. I don't know why he called me, but I am kinda glad to hear from him. Aside from his willingness to compete, he was a good fellow.

----------

I am trying to finish up a cover letter today. I think I am deeply hopeless that I convinced myself that the cover letter has some kind of magical power on employers, so I have to be very very careful. However, I became so careful that I paralyzed myself. I can't even finish one page cover letter due to not finding the perfect words and sentences.

----------

Finally I finished the cover letter. I think I did a good job. It is concise, clear and touches on the crucial requirements of hiring criteria. As long as you have an insider working in the same organization, it is a piece of cake to get a job here. Otherwise, if it is a cold call, it is a tough one.

I am gonna send it tonight. I will wait my wife to review it though.

Cross you fingers for me please.

No comments: